Monday, August 2, 2010

About Me

My name is Ben Smith. I grew up in a small town in Massachusetts and moved to New Orleans eight years ago in order to attend Tulane. After getting my Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, I worked for a local nonprofit based at two elementary schools on the Westbank. Currently, I'm attending Xavier University of Louisiana and working on getting my Master's Degree in School Counseling. In my free time I enjoy going to concerts and festivals around town, traveling, and playing golf.

I am excited to be starting the TeachUp! internship, especially about getting back to working in a school environment. I'm not quite sure what to expect as far as the day-to-day work, but I think that building rapport with the teachers and administrators will be the main thing that I'll focus on initially. One potential challenge that I'm anticipating is figuring out how to work with people who are all at different levels of knowledge about the technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment