Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2 Reflection

The second day of training was very informative for me. Although the stuff we learned about Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calenders was mostly a review for me, it was a useful refresher and a good reminder for me that I need to make sure to stay organized from the beginning and not leave myself playing catch-up later on. I have used Google Earth before, but I didn't know about a lot of the features that we looked at today and I am definitely excited at the prospect of being able to show teachers how to use it and incorporate it into their classes.

I had used Microsoft Movie Maker before, but I still found the project that we worked on in the afternoon to be pretty challenging. We had problems with converting the video from the flip camera as well as other technical issues, but luckily we switched our focus to finding pictures, recording audio, and working on the transitions. I thought that we worked well as a team, and although we could definitely have used an extra hour or so, I thought the presentation came together well in the time that we had.

2 comments:

  1. I agree Ben....We did awesome! Go Team 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben,

    I'm glad that you found training useful, even if you were already familiar with some of the tools. It's good to see that you are finding connections between technology you have used before and empowering teachers within a classroom.

    The Movie Maker project is always challenging since it's the first big project that requires you to work as a team to create a detailed resource with a limited amount of time. All of these things will definitely appear throughout your internship, so learning how to function well in these situations is vital. Is there anything you would do differently next time? Do you feel that everyone played an equal role in your group?

    Very nice blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete